Sunday, July 9, 2017

White Flag of Surrender or Victory

White Flag of Surrender or Victory

The other morning, I was out for my walk/jog/hope I can jog a little faster time.  It seemed every step I took that morning, my body screamed louder.  My legs had the Jell-O effect, my lungs burned and no matter how much water I tried to choke down, my throat seemed glued together.

As I approached a steep hill trying to pray through the glued throat, I saw a white yard flag at the top of the hill.  Great, I thought, I’ll focus on that and I’m not slowing to a walk until I top that hill and get to the flag!  Then, my mind said, That’s a white flag.  White flags are surrender flags!  You might as well surrender right now and walk.

I rebuked that thought and muttered, my help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth!  My body will serve me.  I looked down at my feet for just a moment and they were going so slow I thought any second, I’d be back to a walk.  Then I looked up and determined to keep my focus on that white flag, no matter what!

As I topped the hill, I could see that the white flag had a large W printed on it!  I shouted for victory for my W for WINNING flag and kept on jogging!!!

Satan tries to turn even the smallest of victories into defeats if we let him.  But even the smallest acknowledgment toward God can turn things around.

What situations do you have today that looks like you will have to surrender to?  I’d encourage you to keep pushing one foot in front of the other.  Keep your focus forward on a mark that is further down the path than where you stand right now.  If you refuse to give in, God will turn your surrender sign into a victory sign!!

Psalm 16:8 says, “I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”  Shake off the devil’s attempts to feed you defeat and Jesus will see to your victory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment