Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Peace of God

The Peace of God

What do you think of when you hear the word “peace”? Do you think of rest, relaxation, quiet? Maybe the absence of trouble or hardship? While by definition it may mean any of those things, the peace that God gives is not like any peace we can find anywhere else! In fact, His peace exceeds anything we can even understand! 

Jesus said this in John 14:27: 
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”

Isn’t that beautiful? We can have God’s peace and live our lives without worry and fear by simply receiving this gift! Here’s how we do it: 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
  • Philippians 4:6-7

And just remember, life doesn’t have to be perfect in order to experience His peace. You can have peace in every situation of life just by following those instructions! In fact, God’s kind of peace will actually guard our hearts and minds. I like to sing a little song that reminds me of that. It goes like this:

“I let the peace of God rule in my heart,
it quiets my mind from fearful thoughts.
And when problems arise like storms on the sea,
the peace of the Lord is upon me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment