Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Healthy people don't need a doctor, sick people do

"Healthy people don't need a doctor, sick people do."

Hillary Clinton...Mother Theresa...Planned Parenthood...Donald Trump...Black Lives Matter...Your neighbor upstairs or next door...LGBTQ...Your Boss/Manager...What am I doing here??  Did you make any judgement calls on these names?  They all represent people or groups of people that the God we serve Loves with everything in Him. 

Guess what.  Today, I dealt with people.  Tomorrow, I am going to deal with people again.  The next day too.  The truth is, as a person that declares Jesus as my Lord and savior, sometimes, (more often then not) I make judgement calls that don't line up with Him.  

I was reading a passage from Mark 2 the other day and I realized that I still have a TON of growing up to do.  In Mark 2:13-17, Jesus calls Levi.  Levi leaves his career and follows Jesus with His disciples.  Levi has a BBQ at his house and invites Jesus' squad over to which they reply Yes! We will be there!  Not only does the perfect Savior of the world show up with those He is training; but, so does a bunch of other disreputable sinners...thats right...thats exactly what the bible says and then it adds, "there were MANY people of this kind...the disreputable sinners kind...that were among the followers of Jesus. The Pharisees asked His disciples "why does He eat with such scum?" 

I want to ask you...Who are we more like in the passage? Jesus and His disciples or the religious Pharisees?! If you are anything like I can be, the disreputable sinners show up, and I start getting very uncomfortable and saying "um...I think I need to go home...Lets face it, we don't want our reputation as a Jesus follower to be tainted so unfortunately, we judge.  We push God out of the way and assume that we are better then these people because we go to church, have a fish on our car, and bless our dinners! 

Who does it benefit if I live like that!?  No one.  It benefits no one for me to look at others and assume they are scum like the bible says in the religious people said in the NLT.  However, It does benefit people if I humble myself to serve those that don't have it all together.  Those that aren't perfect.  Those that have messy homes, bad language, and imperfect church attendance.  

There are 2 statements the resonate in the Word of God and they are this:  
1) God SO LOVED THE WORLD that He gave us Jesus.  Not to condemn or judge but to seek and save the lost.
2) Go into ALL THE WORLD and declare good news!  

We have a Father with the World on His heart.  If God's heart is the world, doesn't it seem right that my outlook should be the same?  Reaching them with the powerful, life changing message of Jesus! In the Words of Jesus... "Healthy people don't need a doctor, sick people do."



No comments:

Post a Comment