Saturday, July 29, 2017

Surrender to Creativity

Surrender to Creativity

I love how creative our God is. He is not only creative in the forming of the earth and skies and all things we can see, and not just in the creating of people, but He is simply creative in the way He performs His glorious role of being God in our every day lives. Here lately, I’ve been meditating on the way that He creatively solves the problems in my life. 

I’m in the midst of remodeling my home, and let me tell ya, there is no shortage of problems that I have come against. I’ve been sleeplessly working it as a separate job, I’ve been pouring significant finances into it, I’ve uncovered issues or roadblocks at the house, etc. 

As we have progressed, small things have eaten up the renovation budget, leaving less funds to do the big picture tasks. Well, instead of getting disappointed about not being able to do one of the projects, I said “God, be creative in solving this. You know my heart’s desire, and I know you can make it happen in ways I could have never dreamed up”. That allowed me to rest, and trust in my wonderful God, and sure enough, He surprised me with unexpected gifts and the avenue I hadn’t considered to make it happen!

It doesn’t always come natural, but I know that the more we surrender to the creativity of our God (in other words, His loving kindness towards us), the more we will see Him act in creative ways in our lives. As we come into this season of holidays, may I encourage you to be adamant about keeping your stress level at a zero? 

An easy way to do this is each time you feel that blood pressure rising, or that care you might be taking (all the giving and buying and shopping and running around), just surrender it to the creativity of God. He will gladly take the concern, and perform in a “surprising” way on your behalf. But the thing is, you have to willing to let Him solve the problem in a way you might not have chosen.

Check out this awesome verse. Read through it a few times and think about the challenges you’re up against. And then think abut how God wants to perform in superabundant ways in your life today, this month, this Christmas, and beyond! Seriously, read it a few times and get it in you. :)

Ephesians 3:20 AMP

Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—

No comments:

Post a Comment