Monday, July 3, 2017

First Responders

First Responders

We live near a firehouse, and the other day I was driving to town, when I saw a pickup truck with flashing lights on the dash racing toward the firehouse.  I immediately knew that the driver was a first responder.  Apparently, there was an emergency nearby, and he was trying to get to the firehouse so that he and the other first responders could get to the scene to help.  It takes a special type of person to do what they do.  These guys are amazing!

There will be emergencies arise in our lives, and we need some ‘first responders’ in our spiritual man.  These would be scriptures from God’s Word that are in us so deep that they just come up out of us when we need them. The Holy Spirit is amazing at bringing back to remembrance the things that we’ve learned from the Word.  That’s why Jesus went away and sent us the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 (AMP)
But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
The Holy Spirit is here to teach you and remind you of everything that God has told us.  Here are some 'first responders’ that I’ve found helpful in my life:

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Psalm 103:1-3
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

Are there 'first responders’ that are already in you? Think of those scriptures that the Holy Spirit brings to your remembrance when you have an emergency arise.  If you don’t have any, put these in you or find your own and meditate on them so that they will be there to respond when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment