Saturday, July 15, 2017

Caught in the Trap

Caught in the Trap

Squeak squeak! Squeak squeak! ‘Mission Impossible’ theme music played as I chased this mouse throughout our garage. As I did a front flip off of our car and onto a storage unit, he scurried to his next dark hiding place. From one dark corner to the next I tried smashing this little varmint with whatever object I could find. I obviously did more flips and Kung-fu type moves to intimidate my opponent, but I still couldn’t catch him. Urgggggg! Now all that was left was me standing there with some object in my hand and the aftermath of a chewed up trash bag

So I got a new idea, why don’t I just set a trap for the little feller! Then I can sit back relax and wait for the trap to work on its own! So I invented something called the mouse trap, you may have heard of it. I slapped some peanut butter on that baby and set it up. The next morning I came to find my little furry friend nestled into the claws of my trap! Success!!

***This was a dramatization of an actually story. The events are based on a true story although some things may have been over dramatized…just slightly…maybe…***

In light of this totally awesome epic story, there is a truth I want to pull out of this, let’s look at Proverbs 29:25…

Proverbs 29:25 NLT-“Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting The Lord means safety.”

Proverbs 29:25 MSG-“The fear of human opinion disables, trusting in God protects you from that.”

Fear of man and man’s opinions about you can stop you dead in your tracks. It will hinder you from doing what God has told you to do. It will cause you to alter you decisions based on what people say to you. Let’s not let people and their opinions of us cause us to back down from the calling God placed on our life, but let us rather move forward into what God tells us to do and trust Him at His Word! There will be millions of opinions about you in your lifetime and there is only one that is true!

God’s thoughts about you are good thoughts! He believes in you! Trust God’s word to you and stop chasing around every opinion. Don’t get caught in that trap!


No comments:

Post a Comment