Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The God Man

The God Man

I was reading the verse of the day in my bible app yesterday and it took me to a scripture in John 1.  This happens to be one of my favorite chapters in the bible so I went ahead and read the whole chapter.  
I came across a verse that has stuck with me for quite some time, and it’s found in John 1:17-18 NLT:
For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God.  But the unique One, who is Himself God, is near to the Father’s heart.  He has revealed God to us.

Such a wonderful set of scriptures contrasting the law (old testament) and grace (new testament).  The law was given to a man to present to the people, and this man was only able to see the backside of God (His goodness).  But grace was exposed and manifested in the person of Jesus who was God in the flesh.  God wasn’t satisfied with the multiple sacrifices that the law demanded in order for the people to come before God and be presented to Him.  

He wanted a face to face relationship with His creation that He cherished with an unconditional love, so He Himself put on skin and bones and graced us with His very presence.  We can now behold Him face to face (2 Corinthians 4:6) and reflect His image to this world. 

I’ll never get over a God who loved me so much that He exposed Himself to my condition, in my weak and sin-laden state, just so He could endure the consequence of my wrong-doing in the hopes I would choose Him and spend eternity with Him.  Jesus truly is the revelation of the unfailing love and faithfulness of our God!


No comments:

Post a Comment