Thursday, May 11, 2017

How to Get Things Done

How to Get Things Done

One of the most uncomfortable things in this life is being put to the task of doing something you have little knowledge or skill to do. I consider myself relatively handy, but I’m no carpenter or craftsman. I had to replace a drain in my tub last week. It’s been broken for several months as a cosmetic issue, but still functional. 

Sounds like a simple fix, right? Well, every tutorial I found told me how to do it, but they didn’t take into account that the way it comes out was already broken, therefore the advice and tutorials were irrelevant. 

Isn’t that just like life? You’ve got something going on that you can’t find a manual for. It could be in your relationships, in your home life, in your profession, there are things that you need to do or “fix”, but don’t know how. With a home inspection coming up, I was forced to finally get a new drain put in. 

I could have called a plumber, but I didn’t want to spend the cash for something that seemed so simple. At my wits end, I finally asked God for wisdom and a creative method to remove the drain. Almost instantly I got a clever idea to get it out, and twenty minutes later, my several-month long problem was resolved! In that moment, God spoke more to my heart than I can write about.


- Involve God in your problems, and ask Him to show you the answers. 

- Don’t let the small issues in your life remain, instead know that God wants them ALL to be resolved. 

- Knowledge or skill is overrated. Relationship with God is essential. 

How do you get things done, big or small? Just ask according to James 1:5. God’s Word never fails! James 1:5 AMP If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God Who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

No comments:

Post a Comment