Sunday, May 7, 2017

Got Any Ice Trays?

Got Any Ice Trays?
Leaving my driveway this morning, I looked over into the yard and thought, “We sure do need some mulch.”
 Then this thought followed, “Why do you have needs when I paid for all your needs?”
 I knew instantly this was the Spirit of God speaking to me from within my spirit.  So I continue down the road listening and thinking. 
I thought of Psalm 130 and started recalling what it said. “Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name.  Bless the Lord, oh my soul and forget not all His benefits.” 
Yes, His benefits included my needs.  He became poor that I might become rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9).  Then, Psalm 23 followed, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” 
Well, if all this is true and it is true because the Word of God is true.  He is not a God that He should lie.  (Numbers 23:10).  Then, I was missing God’s plan for my life. 
I said to the Lord, “Lord, I’m missing it by having lack, by needing things.”
And I immediately saw in my mind several other things around the property that were broken and needed replacing.   So I repented.  
I confessed to the Lord,  “Lord, I haven’t obeyed Your Word and acted in faith to receive what You desire for me to have.  This lack is my lack of faith in action.  You are faithful and just to cleanse me of all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
Then, I saw an image in my mind.  It was an empty ice tray.  I could see myself take it to the sink to fill it with water.  I watched the water flow into each of the empty ice cube spaces and a little ran down the middle and into the sink.  But most of the water flowed from one space to the next filling it up.  Then when each space was filled, the water gushed over the sides until I turned off the faucet. 
Then the Lord reminded me of notes from Pastor Nate’s sermon that I had been meditating on , “Push through until the Word not only flows to us but THROUGH us!” 
The Lord said, “Every empty space in your ice tray is lack.  When I flow something into your life, that need sucks up the supply.  There is very little that can trickle out to others. “
Then I heard these words that arrested my heart, “As long as there is need your life, I can’t flow My supply through you to others. “  
I know I’m responsible for appropriating my needs.  When I don’t use my faith to receive what God has for me then I’m stopping the flow through me to others.  That’s God’s desire for me and it’s my desire too.

There was no condemnation in this exchange.  Instead, there was revelation, correction, and direction.   I saw lack as evil, exactly what it is.  I saw my inattention to believing God for even the small things as sin--missing the mark.  This little thing was keeping me from being a channel of blessing to others.  Now, that’s a big deal!   

No comments:

Post a Comment