Wednesday, May 17, 2017

LOOK AT WHAT GOD HAS DONE!

LOOK AT WHAT GOD HAS DONE!

God is always speaking and showing us things. Sometimes it's something that we've been working on for a while and other times it's a new thing that He wants to shape/mold in our lives. For me recently, it's been regarding the motivation in my heart. It's so easy to get a blessing and say, "look what I got!" and based on our voice inflection, we can make it seem as if we're saying it in gratitude. However, our response that we should be giving when we get blessed is, "Look what God has done!"

Did I deserve it? No.

Did I do something to earn it? No.

Wrong questions anyway.

What did God do? Gave all because He loves.

What do I do? Be an imitator of Him, not begrudgingly or out of greed, and look to the previous question to really answer this one: We give because we love Him and we are grateful for what He has done for us.

We have to constantly keep renewing our minds to the fact that God pulled us out of a horrible place and set us in Christ Jesus in the heavenly realm. Thankfulness is the real key here. "Thank you, Lord for what you did for me so now I can go a show your love to others and give to them freely, just as you gave to me." Focusing on Him and what He says, then doing it, trains our hearts and minds to be more and more like-minded with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment