Saturday, May 6, 2017

Our Secret Place

Our Secret Place

Psalm 91:1 
"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty"

As I sit outside and watch my girls play I hear my oldest say to her little sister.
"This is our secret place, nothing can get us in here" As she holds up this old broken umbrella over the both of them.

YES!!!!!!  What a perfect illustration of what God does for us.  But instead of a flimsy umbrella He covered us with the blood of Jesus.  The blood is our secret hiding place.  

I heard someone once use this example and it has stuck with me ever since.  

"The devil will always be shooting arrows at us. He will always be trying to destroy us.  But when we apply the blood in our lives, we have a shelter and he can't see us. We are hidden and in full protection. It is not until we stand up and announce our whereabouts that he can find us."

That is so true.  When we start to pick up a care.  ANY CARE.  What do we normally do?  Well, we talk about it.  We announce it.  "I am so sick", "I'm so frustrated at work", "I'm so tired" and we start declaring curses.  Then we poke our head up out of our secret shelter and he can find us every time.  But, if instead we say "thank you Lord, this sickness is passing" "thank you Lord that you know my needs before I know them" "Thank you Lord that your joy is my strength" then we remain under the blood and we stay in our secret shelter.  The place that the enemy cannot even see.  The blood of Jesus blinds the enemy.

Praise God I don't have to live in fear.  Praise God He has me under his secret shelter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment