Tuesday, May 23, 2017

New Year Jitters

New Year Jitters

When I played sports in high school, I would get what they call the “pre-game jitters”. Basically, I was almost physically shaking before each game because of the excitement inside of me, as I was about to go crush my opponents. Well, I would like to make a motion that most people in the world right now are experiencing New Year Jitters. New Year’s is right around the corner, which usually means a high level of expectation for GREAT things, positive life change, unchartered territory. It’s a time reflect on the past, and push forward with ambition to experience the best year to date! Old things are over, and new things are here! Isn’t this the heart of God? Fresh starts (wiping our mistakes and shortcomings away), and high expectations (He has good plans for our future!). 

I always get New Year Jitters. I enjoy taking time to reflect on the previous year, and look closely at what God did in my life. It’s a time to celebrate His goodness and mercy toward me and my family! I encourage you to take some time throughout this year and do the same. Here are some excellent verses to meditate on as we walk thru this year! I believe they will build your faith and anticipation for what God wants to do through you and for you this year and beyond!! I pray that you will not limit God, instead that you will believe God for the impossible this year. He is more than able!


“You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.”  Psalm 65:11

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:13-14

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”  Proverbs 16:9

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”  Psalm 90:12

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”  Isaiah 43:18-19

“Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.  Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.  Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.”  Psalm 96: 1-3

“May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.”  Psalm 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment