Thursday, May 18, 2017

Bright Future

Bright Future
Do you ever have conversations with your spouse or best friend about your dreams or your future?  More specifically, do you ever have these conversations and leave them feeling like what’s in your heart is so far off?  I had a conversation like this with my wife after I got home from work today.  I told her that I just feel like there is something more out there for me to be doing.  Something that would allow me the freedom to develop and grow in what God’s gifted me to do.  The odd part about this is that I’m completely and totally thankful for the current job I have.  It’s only by the favor and grace of God that I am where I am right now, and it’s a phenomenal place for me to be and grow in certain areas.  Still, that desire for the next step and my future is burning bright right now!
If you don’t happen to think that your future is bright or that there is nothing to look forward to, let me remind you that God lives in our future and He is the sole source that is brightening it!  Being convinced of that will help give you the right perspective on your future and help cement these scriptures in your heart:
Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.  “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Proverbs 4:18 – The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

Never again think that where you are right now is the end all be all.  If there doesn’t seem to be much of a future or hope where you’re at, or if the plans unfolding in your life right now don’t seem to be good, then rest assured that the best is yet to come according to Jeremiah 29:11.  With the limitless, progressive God that we serve, He is well able to make your path shine brighter and brighter each day from now throughout eternity.  Think about that.  Eternity is a long time and yet it bends to the will of the One who is the Beginning and End.  He’s the same one who said your path will shine brighter and brighter.  Get some shades.  Get a visor.  Get some eye-black.  Your future is bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment