Monday, May 1, 2017

Firstfruits

Firstfruits

Seems like I've been camped on Firstfruits for some time now. I got another opportunity to learn. And to fail. But first things first!

I had an opportunity to cave to a temptation for me--a simple chocolate temptation. Well, it was only a temptation because I'd decided to live without it for a few weeks. Now, the bag of chocolates was less than a dollar so I ate it all. Simple. Right?

Here's my opportunity to learn. I thought back to being led to do without the chocolate. A decision that had not been hard at all. Until this day when I didn't really think about it too much. Just grabbed a chocolate treat. Then the word, "Firstfruits" came back to me. What did this have to do with Firstfruits?  Well, to me it's about honoring God and His Word FIRST. So I thought about grabbing the chocolates off the shelf, And I realized that I didn't even bother to think if I was honoring the Lord.

Then I thought about all the help Jesus Himself said I would need. Like the Helper, Counselor, Strengthener, Comforter, Intercessor, Advocate, Standby--the Holy Spirit. Right inside me to help anytime I ask. But I didn't ask. I didn't honor His help because I didn't honor Him, put Him first.

Finally, the Lord reminded me of the Kingdom Principle of being ruler over little before we becoming ruler over much.  I so desire the Holy Spirit's help when ministering to others--ministry only possible with His help. But if I don't honor the Holy Spirit's help when reaching for a bag of chocolate, how can I expect His anointing to flow when the stakes are much bigger?

Point is, at least for me, I need to learn to honor the Spirit in the little things that might seem insignificant if I want to be used to do the greater things. It's time. Thank God for His grace but I can never know what opportunities I'be missed while I've been slow to learn.  Pastor says honor is a matter of the heart. My heart had a checkup.


No comments:

Post a Comment