Tuesday, May 16, 2017

God’s Word Works

God’s Word Works

There are several people in my life that have been, and still are, a spiritual mentor to me. Some are those who I found it was easy to connect with and others I wouldn't have thought, but after it was all said and done, the Word and the ministry we shared with each other was what was the most important. Iron sharpening iron and the whole lot... Looking back over my life, I can see that it could have been much different had 1) God not sent them, 2) they be willing to be used of God, and 3) I not receive the Word from them. Let me tell you, I wouldn't be where I am without them and without me receiving the Word!

In the past couple of weeks, the enemy has increased his pounding on my mind, and honestly, I have nearly faltered and dropped my dreams and hope, but recognizing the enemy's tactics and countering them, just as a studious soldier does, has been something that I have been doing a lot. The enemy comes, trying to get me to question God's goodness, I remind and declare that He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever- that He came through for me at this point in my past, He will and is fully able to do it again.

I've gotten to the point where I think Satan likes the sound of my voice yelling at him to go in Jesus' name... :) "Oh, you're back, huh? Miss me speaking the Truth of God's Word in the authority He gave me that much, did ya?" Something that I have come to realize is, the harder and the more frequent the enemy hits you about something, the closer to seeing the manifestation of God's promise(s) in your life.

Satan would like nothing more than you to stop short of them coming to pass so he will have the opportunity to come and say God's Word doesn't work, God doesn't care, He doesn't love you like He loves someone else, etc. Blah, blah, blah. Shut him up by declaring that God's promises are for you, you receive them- and Whose you are!
As a people, we were created in God's image. Think about that. In Genesis 1:24-28, the Word tells us as much. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve let the enemy convince them that they were not and eventually, turn control of this world to him.

Now, Jesus has restored us to that place which Adam and Eve held prior to their fall. Remembering that we're created in His image, we have to stop identifying with Adam but now with Jesus and the authority that was given back to us, we are to shape our world, not let the enemy run rough-shod through it.

We shape our world by our words. Do we honor God's Word as the Truth and speak it, or do we value what everything else says? It's a daily (sometimes hourly for me) battle that we all face. But we don't have to (and shouldn't) face alone. This is off topic, but I feel as if it is equally important. I thank God for those people He has placed in my life that I can go to and know that they have my back. Pastor Evan did a series on Flourishing (most of you know this, I know) and she said, that is how the church is supposed to be- having each other's back, lifting up not tearing down, strengthening each other with the Word. Thank you, God, for the people that you have brought to me in my life! May our supplies for each other strengthen the whole body and further the Gospel to the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment