Monday, January 30, 2017

Safe Living Insults God

At a recent conference I attended, I heard one of the guest speakers say this phrase, and it stuck with me. He said, “stop insulting God with safe living!” As I ponder this statement I am consistently reminded that a life of faith is what pleases God. That is found in Hebrews 11:6 if you wanna go check it out. In fact, read the entire chapter because you will witness a whole bunch of real people that were used by God in extraordinary ways! This is what I am talking about with safe living.

We like to live life in the perimeters of me, myself, and I. Its a box that is super easy to fall into and not so easy to get out of. Life becomes monotonous as we eat the cereal of this box which is, wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep…wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep, and the cycle goes on and on. I would like to say something to you! God didn’t create you for you and give you all the giftings He gave you for you! Everything He has given to you is for other people! When you read Hebrews 11, notice that all these people attained a GOOD report because they lived life outside the box and in faith. Over and over it talks about by faith, by faith, by faith!! Every one of these stories includes ordinary people just like me and you who said yes to God and impacted millions, if not billions of people…how can I back that up?? Well these things were written thousands of years ago and today we are still encouraged by what they did! When you step out and obey God, its not just going to effect today for you, its going to effect eternity!!

So how do we get faith to do what God has placed us here for? Romans 10:17 says that faith comes by hearing and hearing Gods word. Time fellowshipping with the Father is going to build your faith to step outside of the safe living box and over into the God is moving in my life category!! If we want to see God move, we need to give Him something to move with. Ask Him today to use you and when you feel the tug on your heart (direction), just do what He says to do! There is nothing like being used by God to reach people! Step out of the safe side of life and over into a robust life of living by faith in what He said to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment