Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Perspective

The other day I looked out the back window of my house and noticed one of our neighbor’s horses rolling around on the ground.  Because our five year old son, Joshua, loves horses, I hollered for him to come look.  He came and looked out, but because he is shorter than me (a phrase that rarely leaves my mouth), he was unable to see.  Our back porch was blocking his view.  So, I reached down, raised him up to my eye level, and he smiled as he saw the horse rolling around.

Isaiah 55:8-9 AMP

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Changing Joshua’s perspective by just a few inches allowed him to see something he could not see before from where he stood on his own.  Our Heavenly Father sees everything much differently than we do.  He has a perspective that is much higher than our own - the difference between heaven and earth!  We need to get His perspective on everything in life.  He wants to reach down and pick us up so that we can see what He sees.  Spend some time in the word today and get God’s perspective for your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment