Thursday, January 26, 2017

I Could Care Less



“I could care less” can be far more a statement of faith than of neglect, if we are giving our cares to God like He asks us to. I remember one time when someone was asking me about something frustrating going on in my life. My response was, “I don’t care.” I wasn’t just saying that to be rude or act tough, but I had already given that care to God so I didn’t have to carry the weight of it. Our culture would have us think that not caring or not worrying is neglecting our responsibility as a spouse, parent, friend and employee. On the contrary, God’s word tells us the exact opposite in 1 Peter 5:7. I like how the GNT version reads below:

Leave all your worries with Him, because He cares for you.

This is what the role of cares and worries should be in your life, “left with Him.” For me to worry and fret about something all day is a waste of my time when 1) I’m probably worrying about something that WON’T happen anyway, 2) It will consume my thinking and make me unproductive in every role I’m playing that day, and 3) I can’t make the situation better by worrying or caring about it!

This is why our cares should be LEFT with God. In the hands of our loving Father who can turn our cares and worries into victories! The next time your tempted to worry or care, just tell yourself out loud that you could care less. Make it a point not to be careful AKA full of care, but rather carefree in the love of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment