Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Help When You Need

I was watching my youngest son play with his train set. He was getting frustrated that the connecting rod came detached on his locomotive (pictured).



I watched him try to put it back on the wheel, but the task was too difficult for a one year old. Still, I wanted to see if he could do it. In his continued frustration, I asked him if he wanted help. His reply: “NO!” and he continued in his frustration, unsuccessful in repairing his toy train.

The Lord showed me in my heart that this was a picture of Him and me. In my moments of trying a task and needing help, He is right there, ready to help me. It is up to me to enlist His help. He wants to fix what’s broken. He wants to work through my hands on my job. He wants to parent my kids through me. He wants to show me how to rest when life seems too busy to take a break, but I must take my hands off, and ask for His help. My help comes from the Lord!

Rest in this truth today. He is ready to help you in whatever circumstances you’re facing. Just ask Him, and trust Him. Psalms 121:1-2 (NLT):

I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,

    who made heaven and earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment