Friday, January 6, 2017

Depleted

Wanna hear something absolutely nuts?!  Well here ya go! 

Imagine you are an upper class business man or woman.  You have ALL the assets that any person in this world would love to have including a huge mansion, a 100 million dollar a year income, your own private jet, a rolls royce phantom, boat loads of friends and invites to foreign countries for vacations, so on and so forth.  We all think…OH YEAH that would be AMAZING!!! 

Now imagine that same business man or woman giving every…and I mean EVERY thing that they have to a person that died from the measles in 1457. 

You and I would be like “pshhh that is nuts!” “Why would you give everything to someone that is dead?” “HELLO….THEY ARE DEAD!!!” To you and I, that is called a poor…no… that is called an absolute terrible investment; yet this is exactly what God did concerning you and I.

Ephesians 2:1-5 (NLT) says: Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. 2 You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world.[a]He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. 3 All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else.4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)


Jesus cost God everything and me nothing.  God looked at my dead in sin corpse and said, “Yep, He is well worth my very best!”  Even with no guarantee that I would accept His precious gift.  He depleted His account to have you and I brought back to Him.  That my friend is a God worth having in your life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment