Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Just Jesus

Just Jesus

So you’re reading a daily devotional that’s centered around Jesus? I want to commend you for prioritizing your schedule and spending time with Him, instead of letting your schedule dictate your priorities.

I’m in awe of how Jesus loves me. How His love moved Him to action and how that love eventually pinned Him on the cross meant for me. Friend, there’s no greater love than this, that He would lay down His life for us (John 15:13). Jesus lived a perfect and pleasing life before God and became our substitute, so that we don’t have to perform our way to God’s approval and love. God is already pleased with us if we’re found in Christ. For me, that drives my desire to spend time with Him by reading His word and talking with Him throughout my day. Not because I feel like I have to in order to gain His approval or request His help, but because He already approved me and is ever ready to help!


If you’re struggling with the “want-to” to spend time with God, I would encourage you read Ephesians 2:4-10. Jesus/Grace/Love has fulfilled the work once required of us by the law and has instead offered the reward of law fulfillment, as a free gift. Our greatest challenge isn’t our discipline, devotion or focus. Our greatest challenge is simply believing the gospel. JESUS. Just Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment