Thursday, March 16, 2017

Idenity Crisis

Idenity Crisis

Have you ever asked yourself the question “Who am I?” This is one that I have frequently asked myself….especially in the role of a Pastor’s wife. We see a great man in the Bible ask the same question to God in Exodus 3:11:

“And Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?’”

I love how God answers Him in verse 12:

“God said, 'I WILL surely be with you; and this shall be the sign to you that I HAVE sent you…..”

We see Moses again ask God another “who am I” statement in verse 13:

“And Moses said to God, Behold, when I come to the Israelites and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me, What is His name? What shall I say to them?”

God answers again in verse 14:

“And God said to Moses, ’I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE’; and He said, 'You shall say this to the Israelites; I AM has sent me to you!’”

The reason why I ask that famous “who am I” question so many times in my life is because I forget WHO called me and WHO’S with me.  It was not Moses who split the Red Sea or provided manna for the children of Israel.  It was his availability and God’s ability.

Many times we get over into thinking we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.  We have to perform.  We have to make it happen.  That’s not our job.  Our job is simply to be available and say yes to God and believe what He says about us. 

If you keep on reading in this chapter in verses 17-21 you see where Moses’ identity came from.  It came from him hearing who God was and what He would do through him.  Moses had an identity crisis and God fixed it.

Who and what are you identifying with?  Are you listening to the lies of the enemy telling you; “You can’t”, “You’ll never”, “Who are you?”  Put those lies down.

On your own you can’t and you’ll never…..but look who called you.  Look who’s with you.  We have the GREAT I AM!  Through Him we can do all things.


Today, identify with the One who has called you.  Hear what He is saying about you.  There is no limit to where you can go and what you can do. Take God at His Word and be available and watch God’s ability move for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment