Monday, March 20, 2017

Don’t Deny It

Don’t Deny It
Have you ever denied something about yourself to someone else or even yourself?  Maybe you’re a dude who likes the Hallmark Channel, but you deny it to your friends because you don’t want them to see you for who you really are?  Maybe you’re a lady who enjoys the occasional conversation about how the Hogs defense can’t cover a pee-wee team, but you keep that to yourself since your friends aren’t into that.  Maybe you’re a guy who doesn’t like to be dirty and has this thing about hand-washing and taking multiple showers a day.  Whether you can relate to any of these or not, there is likely something that you don’t like others knowing about.

If you’re wondering which one of those I am, let’s just say that I think the Hallmark Channel was created to punish me and I’m not a lady although I share the sentiment about the Hogs defense.  So I like to be clean.  What’s wrong with that?  I don’t like being sticky and frankly I’m not sure why anyone would.  I often stare at my kids in amazement and wonder how they don’t have the sensation or feeling to know they’re sticky and have food all over their face and hair.  I was eating Doritos as I’m typing this out and I had to wash my hands because they felt just a little grimy.  Sue me, I like to be clean.

All of this just rose up in me after I read 2 Timothy 2:11-13 today.  It reads:

This is a trustworthy saying:  If we die with Him, we will also live with Him.  If we endure hardship, we will reign with Him.  If we deny Him, He will deny us.  If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny who He is.

This really sticks out to you as you’re reading through it and especially after you read that He will deny you if you deny Him.  Following that logic, you would think that if you were unfaithful then He would be unfaithful to you, but that’s not what it says here in 2 Timothy.  Even when we are unfaithful and turn our backs on Him, He remains faithful to us simply because He can’t deny who He is.  He is the perfect picture of faithfulness.  While we’re often trying to hide and deny certain things about ourselves, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and He can’t deny who He is.  His word clearly says who He is to us and there’s no way He can deny any of it.  He is good.  He is love.  He is faithful.  He can’t deny it.


No comments:

Post a Comment