Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Loosen the Rope

It’s crazy how there are so many opportunities every day to become a worry wart. If I wanted to become worried about 10, 20, or even 100 things in one day, I can.

I encourage you to take a moment right now and think though your last 24 hours. Think about the specific circumstances and chain of events in your day. Do you remember anything being a challenge or possible fear? Did you get upset, annoyed, troublesome, concerned, anxious, resentful, discouraged, or condemned? I can recall a handful of things today that can fit into some of those categories.

One example is the church bus we painted today. At one point I became concerned that we would not have enough help or time to finish the job today. In that moment, I had a choice to care about it, or to genuinely let God have it. If I take the care on and try to figure things out while feeling stressed, I believe I am figuratively tying rope around the hands of God and placing limits in my life. I am inadvertently saying “I got this” when truthfully I was never designed to take on my own cares.
1 Peter 5:6-7
Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
Casting the [c]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [d]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [e]watchfully.
I like to picture rope around God’s hands because it’s a visual that forces me to literally give my cares to God. He cares for us! Whenever we are given the opportunity to take on any sort of care, let’s give it to God, and thank Him for taking care of it so we don’t have to.
Let’s loosen the ropes we’ve inadvertently places around God’s hands and watch Him work!

No comments:

Post a Comment