Saturday, February 18, 2017

How God Likes His Cheeseburger



My daughter and I were talking the other day and she asked me if I knew how God likes his cheeseburger. I stood there puzzled like why are you asking me that? But as she talked I started to see the picture. I certainly know the way my husband likes his cheeseburger. But God, hmmm!

If you're around someone long enough and you sit and listen intentionally you learn to know that person very well. Notice I said with intention. The word intention means an aim or a plan. You have to want to know someone. You have to plan to spend time.

How about our relationship with God? Are we intentional on spending time with him to understand everything about him or do we just read the word with no thought at all behind what he's saying. We have to know not just about Him but we also must know His heart- The way He thinks, the way He speaks!

So, I ask you, do you know what God likes on His cheeseburger?
Philippians 3:10 AMP
“[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]”


No comments:

Post a Comment