Friday, February 10, 2017

Google It!

Google It!

Ever wonder what is Googled the most in our great state of Arkansas?  Well, in 2016, Arkansans googled Kobe Bryant's Retirement more than anything else.  Really?  Well, maybe that tops another state's record of googling Beyonce's Halftime Show!  At any rate, it was eye-opening to see what we're spending our thoughts on. 

What was on Jesus' mind when He was on this earth?  I googled it and He taught on the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven more than a 100 times. It was His central message. So, I needed to answer this question, "Do I even know what the Kingdom of God means?"  Not enough to explain it--even to myself.  So I'm on a quest.

Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I found that this kingdom that will one day rule over all is within us born-again believers right now. So how will the world experience this hidden kingdom?  

Am I a good billboard for the Kingdom of God?  Do I have good curb appeal?  If all someone ever sees of Jesus is what they can see in me, will they recognize Him?   

By faith I say, YES!  The love of God is shed aboard in my heart by the Holy Ghost.  I am God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for me to do. This is my determined purpose, that I may know Him and make Him known.     

My goal in 2017 is to google more scripture than any passing trivia!


No comments:

Post a Comment