Thursday, February 23, 2017

Stay On Course


You’re blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD. You’re blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. I’m going to do what you tell me to do; don’t ever walk off and leave me. (Psalm 119:1-8 MSG)
By Your words I can see where I’m going: they shed light on my dark path. (Psalm 119:105 MSG)
I’ve been meditating on these verses for the past week. Did you know that the Lord has a specific path for you to walk on? He has a plan for your life. That plan is good and that course for your life is the only thing that will satisfy you.
In reading and thinking about this passage of scripture, my prayer has been like David’s, ‘oh that my steps would be steady. Keeping to the course you set…’ I want to STAY in His path, even when it’s hard, even when it uncomfortable, even when it looks impossible. Because I KNOW that’s where blessing us, that’s where fulfillment is, and that’s where I’ll finish what God has called me to do!
The first step to take is to find out what that path is. I encourage you today, take some time to ask the Lord to show you what direction He wants you to take. If you don’t know, He will show you!
If you already know the steps to take, ask Him to give you strength that you need to stay steady on that course. He is the One who will give the strength to take the steps and stay on the path He has for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment