Monday, June 26, 2017

Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

If you have kids, then you know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to a messy room.  Whether kids are eating, playing, sleeping, or breathing, there is a mess to be made and parents that usually end up cleaning it up! 

This morning as I was eating breakfast with my 2 year old, the Lord began speaking to me again.  The entire area that my boy had just eaten was covered in banana slime, banana peels, milk, and cereal.  As I said earlier, kids have no problem making a mess and letting their parents clean it up.  Its part of growing up!

The Lord began to show me that He came in and cleaned up my chaotic mess with Jesus.  Check this out!

Romans 5:6-8 (msg) says this:

6-8 Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn’t, and doesn’t, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn’t been so weak, we wouldn’t have known what to do anyway. We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.

Instead of trying to act like we have it all together all the time, lets reach out to the one who knows us better than we know ourselves.  He saw our mess and it moved Him with such enormous compassion to respond in a way that was literally out of this world.  He sends Jesus.  The perfect One.  Spotless, pure, and holy.  He approaches you and me; the children with worldly slime, bruised peels, sticky hands, and bits and pieces of garbage stuck in our hair, then says “let Me take your place in this mess.”

2 Corinthians 5:21 (msg)

21 How? you ask. In Christ. God put the wrong on him who never did anything wrong, so we could be put right with God.

Jesus took your mess yesterday, today, and forever.  That is a God worth having in your life!  If you don’t know Him, I encourage you to say this prayer:

Jesus, I need you.  I can’t do this life without you.  I ask you to come in to my heart and clean up my mess.  Forgive me.  I love you Jesus.  Thank you!


If you just said that prayer, let us know!  We want to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment