Sunday, June 18, 2017

I'm in the Lord's army

I'm in the Lord's army

Do you guys remember that song, "I'm in the Lord's army! YES SIR"?  I realize this is a kid song but I still randomly sing it when I need to be reminded of my purpose here.  

Why do people CHOOSE to join the army?  I doubt that any of them just really enjoy the thrill of leaving their families, shooting and getting shot at and risking their lives on a daily basis.  NO WAY.  They join because they know a real truth.  That we have something that needs to be fought for.  They know that if they don't fight then no one will be able to enforce the freedom so many fought for us to have.  They don't go to battle everyday trying to obtain that victory, rather, they fight to KEEP it.  They also know that when they are deployed that they MUST KEEP THEIR EYES ON THEIR PURPOSE.  They know that where they are is temporary but meaningful.  They fight for their kingdoms back home.  

As I think about what it means to be in the Lord's army I recognize some truths:
1) It's a choice
2) It won't always be easy
3) I'm not fighting FOR victory I'm fighting to keep it
4) This is not my home.  I fight for my Kingdom.

I look at life so differently now that I know these truths.  When I came back to God I asked myself "what is my purpose?"  I longed to be with my Father.  Not in a bad way but my entire life was all about me and now that I had made an adjustment and really made Him Lord I struggled with my purpose.  I asked God "Why do you keep us here when we get saved?  Why not just take us home".  You want to know His answer?

He said (in my spirit man) "Because, you are in my army and I need you to fight for my Kingdom.  Because your purpose is my PEOPLE. Because you have an important job to do and I need you to fulfill YOUR DESTINY! " 

Oh boy!!!!! I have a purpose.  I have a job.  I have a reason.  I have a why.  

So those moments when I get all twisted in my world with cares and worries.  With doubts and concerns.  With fears and sorrows.  I sing this song. 

"I may never march in the infantry, ride in the Calvary, shoot the artillery, I may never zoom past the enemy BUT I'M IN THE LORDS ARMY...  YES. SIR!"

2 Timothy 2:3-4
Take with me your share of hardship [passing through the difficulties which you are called to endure], like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.  No soldier in active service gets entangled in the affairs of civilian life; [he avoids them] so that he may please the one who enlisted him to serve.

Philippians 1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain


No comments:

Post a Comment