Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Dream Again

Dream Again

Have you ever gone through a tough time in your life, whether it be physically, emotionally, relationally, financially, mentally?  Is there a God given dream or vision that is laying in a ditch somewhere with very little, if any, life left in it? I believe it is quite possible that we all have situations or dreams that we have, let’s just be truthful, given up on.

We should know that the enemy of our souls works overtime to try and kill the God given dreams on the inside of us.  You know what I’m talking about - the visions that God’s Word - whether it be His written Word or His Word spoken to our hearts -  has produced on the inside of us.  The devil is a professional dream stealer/killer.  And sometimes, just sometimes, he simply uses the passing of time to accomplish this horrific crime.  We’ve all experienced this.  Sometimes there is a lot of time that passes before we see the fulfillment or the full fruition of some of our dreams coming to pass.

How do we stay engaged after a lot of time has passed?  How do we not become discouraged?  How do we not let go of the very precious dream(s) that at one time burned so very hot in us, but now seem to be a distant memory that only brings feelings of disappointment and failure if we dare even begin to entertain the thought again?

During these times and especially when the road has seemed long, it is so important that we meditate on the goodness and the faithfulness of the Lord!  Just because we don’t see it yet, just because we aren’t walking in it yet does not mean that God isn’t working!  Below are a few Scriptures that help and strengthen me!  With every bit of compassion in me, if there are dreams in you that have faded away, I pray that these precious Words from your Father sink deeply within your heart and you begin to DREAM and HOPE AGAIN!

Psalm 27:13-14 What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living?!  Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring.  Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Psalm 31:19  Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear you.  You lavish on those who come to you, blessing them before the watching world.

Psalm 89:34  My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Jeremiah 1:12  … . .I am alert and active, watching over My Word to perform it.

1 Thessalonians 5:24  God will make this happen, for He Who calls you is faithful.


Psalm 138:8  The Lord perfects that which concerns me.

No comments:

Post a Comment