Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Testimony or Just “Moany”?

Testimony or Just “Moany”?
We recently had a night at church with an open mic for anyone to give a testimony.  Wow, was I ever blessed!!  Pastor encouraged us to share because by giving our testimony he said we are talking about what God is doing.  Not just doing in general but specifically doing in our lives.  Faith rose up as I listened to how God is at work IN us today!
Just like on a courtroom witness stand, we can testify.  And, the outcome of every trial is determined by testimony.  Specific, detailed testimony.  That testimony can set precedent and outcomes are determined by precedent.  Our outcomes in life depend on our testimony every day and not just the times we testify in public. 
We know the prosecutor, Satan, accuses us both day and night (Revelation 12:10-11).  I’m sure many of you have gone through times when it seems there is a continual assault against you.  Well, that’s true.  Satan is the one continually assaulting us.  But then we can take the witness stand and give testimony of what God says and what God’s doing in response to those accusations. 
What do we say when those assaults are hurled at us?  Do we remain silent wondering what is the world is going on?  Do we talk to a friend and continue to wonder how this could be happening?  When we do, our testimony simply becomes a “moan-y” that Satan uses in his prosecution against us. 
Every response we make has a spiritual force behind it—either good or evil.  Think of the first thing out of your mouth when your little one spills the cup of milk right as you are running out the door.  And, it splashes all over you!  These responses that jump out of our mouths happen so fast we don’t even realize where they come from.  But stop and think for a moment.  What I say and how I respond is my testimony. 
Am I testifying for the prosecution or the defense?  Well, I’m either making a statement agreeing what Jesus has done and is doing in my life or I’m giving my approval for Satan to do whatever he chooses.  When I think of it like this, I realize the huge cost of how I respond to pressures, situations, people, issues, lack, with the words of my mouth.
The Lord recently spoke these words to me, “I will do a work you can’t do and I’ll use your mouth to do it.”  My testimonies or my moan-ies are going to make all the difference!
Psalm 103:1-5 says, “Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name; Who forgives all your iniquities and heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from destruction; Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” 

Testify and continually testify to God’s faithfulness in your life and watch Satan be defeated in the court of law and set a precedent for you and your family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment