Sunday, August 13, 2017

Give Your Worries Away

One of my favorite things to do (most nights) is to rock my children before they go to sleep. I use this time to pray over them, sing with them, and spend time with just them. They love to sing and have songs that they like to sing with me. One of those songs is one that I used to like when I was a kid. It’s called ‘I Cast My Cares’ and the words are simple.


I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet
And anytime that I don’t know what to do, 
I will cast all my cares upon You


The other night while we were rocking and singing this song I realized the truth in those words. So many times I am full of cares. Stuff from the day, thoughts of the future, things we need, fear and worry, and many other things bombard my mind on a daily basis. The reality is though - He is the One we can give our cares to, instead of holding them inside.

1 Peter 5:7 - Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Psalm 55:22 - Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

He cares for you so much. He cares about what you care about, more than you care about it! Take some time out of your busy schedule and give Him the things that make you worry. Give Him the things that you think a lot about. Let Him take the things that you have cares about and let Him work on your behalf. He cares for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment