Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Grow Rich by Pastor Evan

Grow Rich by Pastor Evan

I have three boys with varying personalities.  I have found something though, that they all have in common…I haven’t figured out whether it’s an age thing or a boy/man thing, although I’m beginning to see that it’s leaning toward the latter. ;)  They all have selective hearing.  Meaning, when it’s something they want to hear they tend to be all ears.  When momma says that dreaded sentence of “please go pick up your rooms” or “I need you to pick up your toys” they sometimes pretend they didn’t hear me.  When in reality they are choosing to ignore me and the instruction that I am giving them.

Proverbs 13:13 MSG “Ignore the Word and suffer; honor God’s commands and grow rich.”
As Pastor Nate was ministering a while ago he was referencing Proverbs 13 and the fear of the Lord.  During this, the Lord brought me up a few verses to verse 13.

Just like my boys ignore my voice or the words I am saying we often times do that with the Word of God.  This does nothing but hurt us.  But when we HONOR His Word we grow rich.  I believe this means more than financial.  This means we flourish into the very person that He has called us to be!
To honor something means that we put it first in our lives.  Ultimately, to put something first, we have to have a fear for it.  Not fear as in afraid, but fear as in such awe, respect, and value for it.

The Word of God is always speaking.  The question is always are we listening or ignoring?  I want to be someone who is quick to obey Him and His Word, knowing that it is always going to cause me to grow and flourish in what He’s called me to be.

Today, make a decision to put the Word of God first.  Don’t ignore those things that He shows you.  Don’t be a selective hearer, only listening for the so called “good things”.  Also be a listener of those words of correction, adjustment, and change.  We can receive them because we know He brings them to us for our good.  Give the Word of God that place of honor today and grow rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment