Thursday, August 3, 2017

Correction

Correction

As a family we were cleaning the house and packing for a long road trip!  I asked my daughter to sweep the hallway while we did dishes and packed clothes. When she was done I asked her?  "Do you think you did a good job?"  Since she didn't even turn the light on while she swept and our hallways is dark all the time. Her answer "yes I got it all". So I quickly grabbed the broom, turned on the light and got a dust pan full of dirt. I then called her in to show her what I had found. Almost immediately I saw the light turn off in her brain and she would not be able to receive my correction at that point but I corrected her anyways because she's my daughter. I told her "when you get a job and your boss has to check your work, do you think you will keep that job long?".... so forth and so on....  

Even though I saw the lights turn off and she would not hear what I had to say I still corrected and God reminded me that He has and had to do that very thing to me so many times. He will never forsake me. He has never left me!  And part of that means He has never stopped correcting me. See I knew my daughter needed to get this lesson. That at some point in her life she would need these amazing words of wisdom from me. That she would have to apply them in her life. So I, as her mother, correct, teach and repeat!  God does this with us everyday. How many times when He speaks do we turn the light off?  How many times have we ignored His correction because it is hard?  But He is so faithful to keep bringing it because He is such a good Father!!!!  

Proverbs 19:20
20 Listen to advice and accept correction, and in the end you will be wise.


I, for one, am so glad He never gives up on me and that He constantly brings me His words of correction. His corrections are so sweet!!!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment