Thursday, August 10, 2017

God Is In The Details

God Is In The Details

My 4th son was born in my home (by design ;) ). If you’ve ever been privileged to be in the same room with a baby as they take their first breath, you know very well that it leaves you breathless. It’s even more impactful when it’s your own child. Everyone seems to call it a miraculous experience, and I couldn’t agree more. Everything you see in that moment amazes you, and you begin to realize the wondrous creativity of our God. 

You notice the details of your new child, such as their hair color, finger and toes lengths and shapes and wrinkles, the curls and shapes of their lips, the sounds of their every breath/birp/hiccup/sneeze/cry, the genetic similarities of them to their heritage, and you can’t help yourself except to only acknowledge our Father God and how much He amazes you.

Too often I forget that God is a detailed-God. Just as He put thought and planning into the makeup of my new baby, He has also put thought and planning in the makeup of my entire life, and it’s a GOOD plan! The more I admire my new son and his beauty, the more I see the beauty and care of my Heavenly Father. The more I acknowledge the good details of my life, the more I will see the good of my Father God.

James 1:17 (GWT) Every good present and every perfect gift comes from above, from the Father who made the sun, moon, and stars. The Father doesn’t change like the shifting shadows produced by the sun and the moon.


God delights in giving good presents, and He does it in such detailed ways that sometimes we mistake His goodness for a natural happenstance. The truth is, He deserves the credit for EVERY good present and perfect gift! Let’s give him the credit. The more we see it, the more we will see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment